INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, April 11, 2008

What a yucky day!

The weather is not fit for man nor beast! It's not rain and it's not quite snow so it must be SLEET! Did I tell you that I really and truly dislike sleet? Our roads are a mess, cars are sliding all over the place and it's just a matter of time until I hear sirens. The sleet/snow mixture is sticking to all of the windows of my house and I am unable to see out of them- It's like have extra heavy duty frosted glass windows, the kind you see people doing for privacy.

I've already had to go out once in this mess...had to buy food, haven't done it in over 2 weeks. We were out of all of the essentials. I also dislike having to wear my veggies in poor weather such as this. My shoes were full of snow and freezing cold water. My feet were bright red from the extreme cold , so when I got home first thing to come off those shoes and wet socks! Unfortunately I do have to venture out again...orthodontic appointment for the eldest child.

So what to do on a yucky day...for me today is all about making comfort foods. My family will be happy to come home to a hearty home cooked meal that will satisfy even the hungriest of the bunch.

No comments: