INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

With such a busy day ahead of me the Lord has seen to keep me hoppin! You see, even though I kept saying (and my family had agreed) that we were to celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday they all decided last night that they want to celebrate it today. I've already committed myself to serving Thanksgiving dinner to the airmen at our base and I had planned on doing some more unpacking. I'll have to look for the turkey platter as I've not come across it as of yet.

Our son is home sick with a bad stomach bug and he's out for any kind of help. Which leaves my husband- not sure if I want him unpacking my dishes, he's better off organizing the kids bedrooms.

Our house is a cardboard castle. There are opened boxes with things strewn out of them, clutter is everywhere and things are in piles all over the place. I've always been envious of those military wives that can move in and have their entire house organized, pictures hung on the walls and curtains hanging up in a week. Our movers have mislabeled so many boxes I don't know where to begin. One box says Hannah's room but it's stuff from the living room, box marked kitchen is something from a bathroom and so forth.

But Thanksgiving Day it is, regardless of how organized I am (or am not as the case may be). I'm Thankful for so many things in my life. My house will come together soon enough and our friends don't care if things are in boxes and I've got a formal dining room table covered in stacks of dishes and bake ware. They come over to see how we're doing and if they can help...which reminds me- I'm very thankful for the friends we have here in England!

No comments: