INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Handicap Parking

How do people do the crutches thing and not kill themselves in the process? I'm telling you, I could be dead in a parking lot somewhere just from the sheer exhaustion of having to heave myself on these crutches! Oh my gosh, I about died the other day after having to crutch myself in from my parking space out in BFE, heaven forbid that I have to shop at Wal-Mart during the next 6 weeks I have to be using these darn crutches! Thank goodness I asked my regular doctor about getting a temporary handicap parking permit because my podiatrist never mentioned a damn thing about it!

Yesterday I had all of the paperwork in order for my temporary handicap parking permit and my husband was even off for the day (that's a huge surprise) so we took the paper work to the court house...and now I have my parking permit! No more heart attacks in the parking lot for me!

2 comments:

lauriewe said...

you know, it might be easier to just go buy a walker- better for the arm pits, more stable and you could add a bike basket and be more independent for the next 6 weeks, they make foldable ones- we try to convince all our post surgical gait train patients to consider it if they need to be non weight bearing for over a week!

Sandie said...

You make me laugh Laurie! :-)My mom has a walker and I just can't make myself "go there" right now, LOL!