INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, September 06, 2008

creating the ultimate scrapbook room

I get news letters of all kinds from various companies. I was reading something from Better Homes and Gardens yesterday on (what else) Organizing your Scrapbooking Supplies/Scrapbooking Room. The ultimate scrapbook room in this article was 15x15- damn! What my kids wouldn't give to have their bedrooms this size! To be honest most of us have a closet or a corner in a room. Since moving here I've upgraded from a utility closet (that was at our last house) to having an actual room designated from the beginning to be my scrapbook nook.

So I'm comparing my scrapbooking space to the space in the article. They have tons of custom cabinetry. One thing that caught my was the pull out shelves inside of the cabinet, similar to what I have in my kitchen for my pots and pans- but in the article it was used it for paper and cardstock. I'm not sure how practical that would be in my scrapbook nook, not to mention that it's on the pricey side and I'm not so sure that the shelf unit could take all of the weight from my hordes of cardstock, LOL! The other thing that caught my eye was the spice jar organizer located in a drawer. For most of us, drawer space is at a premium and putting a spice jar organizer in there is just not an option.

So this article got me thinking...I'm going to undertake an Autumn clean sweep this weekend! I'm gutting my scrapbook nook of ALL unused items- be it organizing materials or actual scrapbooking merchandise. It's outta here! If it doesn't have an actual use at that very moment it has to go, no question about it! I need to be brutally honest with myself and rid the room of items causing it to look cluttered. I'll enlist the help of my daughter and take input from my husband. Here we go! And yes, I'm taking pictures along the way:-)

No comments: