INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Laughing at life

My goal for myself is to be 50 and fit. I’m working my ass off at the gym- the elliptical machine is one mean lady! I work out on it an hour a day 5 days a week and I feel so much better for it! I also joined a cycling group- oh yeah this is going to be fun!

Now to make you laugh- Bike Shorts! Have you seen them? To say the least, they leave little to the imagination (especially on men, oh yeah). So this cycling group has lunch at the end of each road trip. As you may have guessed it, they dine in their cycling apparel…there’s no way on this planet I will be sporting bike shorts into any kind of eating establishment! So, I bought myself an ultra cool bike skort! Oh yeah, I am the epitome of fashion! Stop laughing!!!  Go ahead and call ME the Girly Girl in this cycling group! There’s no way I’m wearing neon yellow either! I know it’s the big  “safety color”  and it's meant to get you noticed by people behind the wheel; but in all fairness so are those pretty cycling jerseys with floral prints or graphic designs on them! I’ve got a couple of what I call “pretty jerseys” and I plan on getting a couple more. I’m also all about PINK (always have been). My bike skort is made by Castelli and is it ever cute and comfortable! So much so that I bought it in fuchsia and damn if I don’t think it’s the best thing ever! I just ordered another one in white. Every web site I’ve tried for the black ones are out of stock so I’m going to make a black skirt to go over my black bike shorts (I just now ordered them while typing this- I am a woman who can multi-task). I bike because it makes me feel good and I like to dress girly because it too makes me feel good.

Cycling apparel isn’t exactly inexpensive, but then again neither are quality gym clothes. I refuse to wear cotton t-shirts to work out in ever since I  discovered athletic wear that's made from moisture wicking fabric. I would come out of the gym feeling as if I was wearing wear a soaking wet sponge if I was to wear a cotton t-shirt.


 Now this next part will have you laughing with me! 

Finding a comfortable sports bra when you’re a D cup can be quite the challenge. I was laughing uncontrollably while shaking my head in the dressing room last week. Under Armor makes sports bras and are you ready…they also make a “sport thong”- I about died laughing! Sport thong, really now?! Oh do be serious! LMAO! Oh and of course I can’t get my D cups into any of their sports bras!  What the hell is with that zipper in the front? I have to say that it is strange to have a "zipper" on a bra!  The only thing I could think of was it's like putting a zipper on a jock strap...ouch! But I was determined, and I got that sports bra on...OMG!  It lifted my breasts up more than a push-up bra from Victoria's Secret . Holy Catfish, My breasts were practically under my chin. No one and I do mean  no one needs that sort of notice at the gym or other wise!  And to be able to find a sports bra in say beige or white OH that would be way too simple! Nope, at the store I was shopping in, I had colors choices like lime green, safety yellow, neon pink, poke your eye out with a stick florescent purple and my favorite  "hello look at my boobs" electric blue. Apparently these so called sports bras were made to be an article of clothing all on their own as in "not to be covered up with a t-shirt" and of course they are to be worn with the sporty looking short shorts that I saw for sale at the same store (you know, the kind that your butt cheeks peek out of). Oh as if the women wearing these outfits are really going to go to the gym to work out on the machines...uh huh yeah. They are there to catch the eye of a man, there's no getting around that one! Thank the LORD that sort of thing is not happening at the gym I go to!  Now back on topic... of course you can find black in just about everything in athletic wear. I’m fine with bright colors, heck most of my athletic wear tops are in cheery colors, there’s no hiding at the gym for me (as if I could...it's a small gym with lots of windows).  I even have some bright colored gym shorts, they make me feel "pretty" What I'm saying is this...I dress for myself, if I can make myself smile before I leave for the gym then I’m half way there in what I want to accomplish which is to “feel good about myself”.

No comments: