INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My military life moments...

Moving every few years means always having to go through your "stuff"; weeding out what you no longer need, want or have a use for. Even though our last duty station was only a 2 year assignment, I swear that we has aquired at least 1500 pounds of "stuff"- if not more!

Yes I've been in this house almost 3 months now and I'm "still" unpacking boxes. Heck my entire Scrapbook Nook is still packed in cardboard packing boxes. I'm not even going there until my new and improved scrapbook nook is finished. I still have quite a few boxes in which I have not opened from our South Dakota storage delivery. There's no way I'm going to open that can of worms any time soon! Not until I can properly go through it all, sort out what I want to keep and what I'm going to donate.  
  
It's funny how I go through things and purge until I feel as if can't purge any more. Then we move into a new place and I suddenly feel compelled to purge some more. I swear I've turned mental with all of this purging! So here I am today, looking at the cardboard boxes in my basement and giving a HUGE sigh as I shrug my shoulders and walk to where I have cake plates stored and I put yet another one on the shelf -that makes 14 in total (most were gifts). The sad thing is, that number doesn't reflect the ones that are a part of my china and dinnerware patterns. It's an illness, it really must be! Why oh why can I not just say, "Thank you for the lovely cake plate but really I have so many already, wouldn't you like to keep it for yourself?" Maybe if I'm lucky there will be some Charity Event in the very near future where I can make some scrumptious desserts and donate some of these cake plates along with it! Oh I can only hope! I know I've got a problem when I look at the latest cake plate and say..oooh I really like this one!
Now to go back to getting this place sorted and put together. We're having friends and neighbors over this weekend to celebrate our moving into the last house we'll ever buy!

No comments: