INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, September 10, 2010

The things that drive you to create art

Art as defined by Wikipedia

Traditionally, the term art was used to refer to any skill or mastery. This conception changed during the Romantic period, when art came to be seen as "a special faculty of the human mind to be classified with religion and science".Generally, art is made with the intention of stimulating thoughts and emotions.

There's more to this definition- please use the hyper link to read more.

For me lately it's been the seasons that have driven my desire to create. I've got Autumn on the brain right now. The emotions evoked when looking at the Autumn splendor of Maple trees changing colors in Autumn- there is nothing like it in the world! For this fact alone I miss living in New England. It's these colors that I most desire to work with. From creating greeting cards, scrapbook layouts, quilting projects and more! I find myself working with the color Orange this week and frankly I don't know why I haven't made something with orange as the focus color before. It's not a hard color to work with, it's a cheerful happy one. So go out there and embrace the season and let it drive you to create something fun- you might be pleasantly surprised with what you come up with!

No comments: