INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, October 01, 2010

Taking Inventory

There always seems to be TONS of stuff to do in order to get ready for a move. I like to be prepared and well organized before the big day arrives and believe me it will be here in a few short months. For some 7 months may be far away and for others it will be here sooner than we think.

I start my inventory process first by photographing items and then by making a written inventory. I put it all on a flash drive and bring it with me when I move. It's quite painless really, but you do have to be devoted to getting this done early or it will seem like quite the daunting task if you wait until the last minute. I've been there, I know how overwhelming it all can be. The thought here is that the early bird doesn't get an ulcer and suffer through sleepless nights worrying about their belongings not making it through the move.

My scrapbooking stash has slowly reduced in size due to me making cards and card kits for a spouses group function and of course there's Hannah's art class projects and her paper crafting projects in general. My quilting stash has reduced -well kind of but only because It's been transforming it into other things...aprons, dishtowels, table runners, tote bags and quilt tops. I did buy a bit of fabric while I was in California in August, but it was all for a purpose, I wasn't buying yardage just to have as 'stash". I've put together quilting/sewing projects (kits per-say) for me to work on. I've got more than 2 dozen so called "kits" put together for me to have on hand for "something to do". There's no chance of me getting bored around here, none what so ever! I've got several baby quilts to put together, a couple of tote bags, some purses,at least 6 table runners and more aprons! There are these cute little 'wine jackets" I've got to start cutting and sewing and of course the camera straps and well a couple of quilt tops and a couple of fancy schmancy pillow cases. That should keep me buy for the next few months right?

So now for me to get back to work on the written inventory and picture taking. I've got it half way done- the British pottery part anyway, LOL!

No comments: