INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 24, 2010

9 months and counting

Let me start off by saying NO I'm NOT pregnant, LOL! Nine months is the time that I have let in this wonderful little country. What we first thought was a 2 year assignment was a dream come true- an overseas assignment! Then we found out that it was a 3 year assignment and we said "hmmm" moving with a teenager (again) the summer before her senior year- not a good thing. And now that my husband has put in his retirement paperwork, this will be once again a 2 year assignment for us.

I have been going through a roller coaster of emotions these past few weeks. Retire or not retire, son leaving a month early to bum around South Dakota with his friends before he starts college, living in a house that's making me crazy, making some wonderful new friends, thinking about my family and all of the things we'll have going on in the next months. To leave our daughter in boarding school for 2 months while she finishes up school. Yup I've got a lot on my plate right now!

I want to get this blog back to being a crafty blog alas, my life seems to keep getting in the way. I want to craft and create and be creative but worries and stress seem to keep my mind otherwise occupied at present. I've picked up a couple of counted cross stitch kits by The Historical Sampler Company and will be working on one shortly. Here's a picture of the one I'm starting now (it's for fun), the sampler is called "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and with my growing collection of lambs and sheep, well it was a must have kind of thing for me!







I love classic samplers and have bought the Autumn themed one to work on and will be getting the rest of these samplers before I leave England. To me, these samplers are fine examples of classic British needlework design at it's best!




No comments: