INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The guest room/sewing room

Looking down at my newly aquired sewing table (it's the computer desk that my husband built for our son about 9 years ago). I put a big cutting mat and my sewing machine sits on top of the key board matt to protect the desk top.


The shelf that once held all kinds of books and miscellaneous crap that belonged to our son now holds quilting magazines and books, a basket of sewing notions, a jar of quilt bindings and fabric for future sewing and quilting adventures.



Miss Kitty staking out HER Territory!


Our son's desk now my sewing and cutting area - I had my husband take the arms off of the desk chair and it's now perfect for me!



My 3 layered window treatment- valance designed and made by yours truly, long blue checked panel by Waverly and a white on white Swiss dot sheer by Martha Stewart.


The bedside table with our son's Eagle collection.



The window above the bed

2 comments:

Sheilagh said...

I love it, the room looks so fresh, the window treatment is lovely, the quilt is gorgeous!!

Sandie said...

Thanks Sheilagh! I've been wanting to make over my boys room for quite some time but he didn't want me to bother with it. This afternoon I started hanging up things on the walls...looks like a proper room now.