INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, November 15, 2010

Sunday

My husband and I spent the better part of our Sunday in the little community of Aston-Clinton. What a wonderful community it was too! My husband was part of a ceremony that honored the fallen during WW1, WW2 and the current war in the gulf. It was amazing to see so many from the local community turn out for this event. After the wreath ceremony there was a procession up to the local church where we attended church (this was my first time attending a Church of England service). Afterwards we got to talk with many of the town officials and got to learn some more history of the area and of a US plane crash that happened there during WW2.

Afterwards we dined with a British Army commander and had a tour of a historic weekend house that was built by one of the Rothschild Family back in the late 1800's (it's now used as an Officers Mess). The place was fantastic!

Now if I could figure out how to get pictures off of my cell phone and onto my computer I'd be set to share some with you!

No comments: