INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, July 03, 2011

July 4th and other things of Patriotic nature

As I see it, it's kind of funny that no place celebrates the 4th of July (Also known as Independence day) on the actual day...the 4th of July. It's always held on the day that's most convenient to the military installation or the local community. Yesterday we went to the town of Wilmington and enjoyed a carnival and a  fireworks display. We met up with my husband' old running coach from high school and just enjoy being one of the thousand or so of people in the crowd. It was so nice to not stress about entertaining the mayor of some local community- I'm telling you, anonymity has its benefits!

Today we spent time with the in-laws for dinner. I enjoy being able to spend time with family.My mother in law is a total hoot! She drug out old pictures of herself before she was married and of the kids...my husband has some serious explaining to do about  some of his choices of childhood Halloween costumes.  Afterwards we went to see some of my husbands friends from high school. We've all experienced life's ups and downs these 20 plus years but the bonds of friendship are just as strong as ever. As I see it, it's always nice to catch up with old friends!

Now I'm off to enjoy what's left of this rainy day with my husband and daughter.

No comments: