INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 14, 2011

My thoughts and the answer...

The first thought that rolled through my mind with all of this was...

Crap! If I have cancer, that means that I can't participate in the blood marrow donation program!

 I already had a positive attitude about everything....there's nothing I can do to change the outcome. It is what is it and all I can do is to meet it with open arms and deal with it as it comes. I have the love and support of my husband, family and friends. I still plan to live my life as I did before and deal with things as they come. I wasn't about to sit around waiting for the biopsy results, I planned on going to Florida with my husband to help his brother move.

I have my biopsy results, my nurse practitioner called me with what she said was the quickest biopsy results ever! I am (drum roll please) Cancer Free!

From my recall to go in for another series of mammograms to the day of the biopsy, I've had several health care professionals calling me asking essentially the same question- "how do I feel about this?". The "this" that they all spoke of was the possibility of having breast cancer. I never once thought of it the way others did; With the why me? Or oh my gosh what stage is it?or will I have to have my breast removed? Those thoughts never once entered my mind.  I was more disappointed in the fact that I wouldn't be able to be a bone marrow donor than anything else.  

So here I am in Florida, it's VERY hot and super humid! Hannah and I are hanging out in the nice air conditioned hotel room since we're both unable to enjoy the pool at the moment. Me, I can't get my incision site wet for at least another 24 hours and Hannah is taking sympathy with my cause (she's such a great support) not to mention that she's still recovering from her sunburn from her trip to the beach on Sunday with her dad. We're hanging out together doing girl stuff- which is alright by me!

3 comments:

Sharon Huffman said...

That is such good news Sandie! What a relief to know that you can still donate bone marrow and won't be losing any of your size D's any time soon!

Hugs...
Sharon

Sarah said...

Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

I am soo happy for you!! How was Florida?