INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, November 14, 2009

another day...

In the soap opera that's become my life.

Friday was just one theatrical event after another.

* I make that back to back dental appointment for my daughter- well she freaks out on me, she lets me know that she's got some big exam in Science and that she can't possibly make it. So I have to call the dental office cancel and reschedule the appointment.

*It was raining cats and dogs where I live, not to mention that it's pitch black outside and windy. The kids weren't dragging their butts, but with all of the bags they have to carry, and use an umbrella well... I knew there's no way that they will make it to the bus stop on time so I jumped in the minivan and drove them to the bus stop (in my pj's no less). Good thing I did that because they really would not have made it! The bus took off early! It's supposed to wait until 7 am to leave. Five or so minutes may not seem that big of a time difference, but to us parents who would have to drive their children to a school that's 1 hour away- we need all the extra minutes we can get!

* I spent the majority of my day in the kitchen baking. Okay so I'd pop on and off on facebook (I am several hours ahead of my girlfriends back in the states), LOL! But seriously between the 6 loads of laundry, the hand washing of fine washables and making my plans for moving things from this house over to the new house next week, well it was a full day!

*Our base is hosting a multi base Deployed Spouses Event tonight. The drama that goes on behind the scenes sometimes is rather comical. One person gets stressed out because of the amount of dignitaries that will be attending and she sends that stress right on down the line. And alas, it stops here with me. I let all parties know that they're going to do fine! It's not that any of them have not done this before and it's going to go off without a hitch! I think that the stress is coming from all of the hype about the event. What it comes down to is the fear that the event will be a flop and everyone wants to make sure the event lives up to the hype. I say- relax and everything will fall into place.

*I'm baking treats for the Deployed Spouses event that's happening this afternoon and also for church tomorrow. I'm enlisting the help of my daughter to get the blueberry muffin, and the zucchini bread made (Zucchini are Courgettes for those British ladies reading my blog). I just adore zucchini, m'm!

*And the move...it's got me going in 20 different directions. How do you get ready to move out of one house and directly into another without help? It's a challenge to say the least! My husband has already informed me that he will be in meetings and is unable to help me. I kind of figured that something like that would happen since the move in date was moved up a week. So here I am, getting all of this done on my own...again. Kids will be i school, the cat will be in the cottage and I'll be at the manor house with the moving people. First things first, I'm bringing over my electric tea kettle and my coffee pot! I'm not about to be w/o caffeine!

The house walk through is on Monday, I'm bringing my camera (actually I'll bring 2 cameras). I will be tasking more in depth pictures this time around. I want to bring over my kitchen and pantry items plus the bathroom items and get that stuff squared away before the movers arrive. Hand towels, soap and toilet tissue are some of the first things I plan on getting into place. My mind is reeling with all of the stuff I have going on over the next few days but if I remain calm and focused on what I need to get done, it will all fall into place.

No comments: