INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, November 12, 2009

What can I say about...

how insane the next couple of weeks will be for me.

Take yesterday for instance- child #1 misses the bus, spouse and I are scheduled to be in attendance at another military installation for a Remembrance Day event (husband is part of the event). Our time line changed because our of son and we had to step everything up. I hate getting ready in a rush, something is always forgotten or skipped- this time is was us getting something to eat or drink-ugh! After getting Andrew to school late, we ended up spending 2½ hours on the road yesterday before getting to where "we" needed to be. After all that, we were back home by 1pm and we were both exhausted! I had to take a nap, I could hardly keep my eyes open after all of our running around.

Tuesday's Spouses club meeting went well, we had 5 more ladies in attendance. The club is getting off to a good start (at least I think so). Now for the word to get out and to gain more members. There are things that I would love to do with our group, but alas we need more members if we are to be able to have the social groups such as book club, lunch bunch, scrapbooking, bunco and especially when it comes to volunteering as a group at RAF Croughton.

Today- I'll be spending today making desserts for the Saturday and Sunday events I'm attending. A couple of cheesecakes, some carrot cake, gingerbread cookies and a pound cake. Just call me the baking queen!

Now for my "other news", we got the word and now we're moving in EARLIER into our house!!! Am I excited? You bet I am! But that in its self also causes some other issues to arise, like getting the cable and phone line switched over to the new house which is only up the street and around the corner. BT internet wants 14 businesses days- get real! Sometimes these moves take place in a blink of an eye for military families, we shouldn't be punished because we've waited 7½ months to get our permanent house. Hopefully my husband will have time to work on all of this today. I've got TMO bringing over the furniture on Wednesday/Thursday- was supposed to be Tuesday/Wednesday with the keys in our hands on Monday but that changed because of the AFN being installed on Tuesday (whatever!). Just don't make me move in the week of Thanksgiving is all I ask! As it is, my husband won't be able to be there or to help me with the move - so what's new? LOL! I've got a couple of terrific girlfriends that I can call on to help me out there if I need it :-)

Now for me to start getting things ready for transport over to the new house. My mind is going off in 20 different directions.

I just realized that I need about 2 dozen eggs for my mondo baking session today, and wouldn't you know it- not a single egg to be had in the house! Now to get dressed and buy some eggs!

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Yikes. Write it all down or your head willbuzz through the night and your sleep quality will be horrid. Oh and BT? They aren't punishing you because you're Military...they behave like that to everyone, because they can, they still don't quite have a hold of the 'customer' part of their erm, service.

Sheilagh said...

I'm wiped out just reading your post...

That is usual for BT sorry to say.

What do you do to relax? No let me re-phrase that , When do you relax?

Good Luck with your move.


Sheilagh

Sandie said...

I'm starting to learn that BT and Midco must be related internet companies, LOL! Midco (midcontinent communications)back in South Dakota had HORRID customer service! Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well for Monday!