INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, November 30, 2009

Boxes, Bruises and Bandages

Unpacking those heavy corrugated cardboard dish-pack boxes can be hazardous! I'm sporting bruised knuckles and a bruised elbow because of it! All I can say is OUCH! My knuckles are swollen and achy as well as my elbow, frankly I'm a wreck! I seem to be taking a lot of Motrin lately, all to do with this move and I'm never without an icepack or a heating pad when resting or going to bed. When taking a shower I noticed a new bruise on my thigh- sheesh! This move is certainly taking it's toll on me! I think that I need to wear gloves and thicker trousers!

Now I have made some major breakthroughs in unpacking boxes and my husband has in making/creating storage for us. This is a lovely house but there's just not enough storage in it for us. So I'm purging even more stuff and am also pulling items to have repacked and put into permanent storage. The formal dining room is very recognizable and so is the living room. Now for the rough part, getting the rest of this stuff put away and then decorating for Christmas.

The most frustrating part of this move besides the unrepairable damage) is all of the mislabeled boxes. It's hard enough waiting 5 or more months for ones personal belongings but to open boxes and not have those items in said boxes- well its enough to make you go a little batty after opening say 30 boxes that way. We have been looking everywhere for my husbands ski boots, and the last time we saw them was out in the garage where my husband had put them- next to his skis and poles. Those boots were not in any boxes that were packed in the garage and frankly we were beginning to wonder if those ski boots walked away. And yesterday as my husband and daughter were unpacking boxes in her room they found them- packed in a box labeled "Towels and Lamp"- no mention of ski boots being in the box. But so far the favorite label on boxes is between 2 things it's either marked "craft room" which was starting to get me into hot water with my husband and the other is "Longaberger Baskets". There can be 1 basket in there and suddenly it's plural and the room designation is either the dining room or (yes you guessed it) Craft room. These guys must have thought that the entire house was a Craft Room, LOL! Kitchen cutlery- craft room, husbands winter clothes- craft room Christmas ornaments- now that one was marked for our daughters room, LOL!

Now I've slowed down some today and am taking time to to do some hand-washing of the glassware that I unpacked last night- just the items that won't fit in the dishwasher. There's that and I find the warm water soothing to my hands.

No comments: