INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 06, 2010

501st Awards Banquet

There's something about these award banquets that makes me so proud of our Air Force Family. The willingness of others who volunteer their time to so many different causes and organizations and the recognition of said persons. To see them supported by their family, friends and co-workers and applauded by their peers.

Yesterday afternoon I got dressed up and proceeded to go out with 5 friends to the event that was being held 1½ hours away. Not a one of us complained about the time spent in the car but rather we employed ourselves more gainfully in cheerful conversation. It was a delightful evening! My husband and I got to talk with some folks we knew while we were stationed at Ellsworth AFB, SD. You see, it is a small world...especially when we can come to England and still run into people we knew at our last assignment :-) It truly was good to see them and to hear about how they are doing out here. Now to get the pictures uploaded from my daughters camera from the night...wish me luck there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun...now to your cooking blog I go!