INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When it Rains, it Pours...

And it shouldn't be raining through your ceilings. Aaaahhh much is how part of my day went yesterday. I was hosting a meeting here at my house yesterday and there were 5 of us gathered-round my kitchen table, it had started to rain while my friends were here, nothing unusual about that. We had concluded our business and were laughing telling stories of the silly things our pets have done. And one friend comments "Wow that rain sounds really loud", so I thought- yes it does, I wondered if the front door was open. Got up to check the door and then that's when I saw it- water in the hallway and water was pouring out from underneath the bathroom door. I opened the door fully expecting to see the toilet overflowing but it wasn't, it was coming through the ceiling light fixture raining down like an indoor waterfall. Needless to day I immediately called for my husband and Let me girlfriends know that the water was coming from the ceiling. They immediately pitched in and we got towels put down on the floor. What a mess!

The long and the short of it- the pipe that drains the water away from the bathtub was NOT attached!!! It's a miracle that this has not happened earlier to us!!! So today I'm here while plumbers are trying to assess what actually happened and are looking at the pipes underneath of the bathtub. Meanwhile I'm wondering when are they going to pull up the flooring in the hallway and bathroom and look into the ceiling- black mold is not something I want any part of!

1 comment:

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Sandie. Oh Dear! My worst plumbing story (and I have many) was of a drunken plumber who left empty bottles all round the place hidden under floorboards, in cavities and such. There was a lot of redoing to be done!

Hope it's now fixed and all dried out.

Bearfriend xx