INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Enjoy where you are!

Be nice to everyone! Be as generous as you can in giving of your time, your money and your love as you can as you never know how this kindness will be repaid. Our outing yesterday is living proof of that!

I make it a priority to take an interest in where my children attend school, to know things about the community in which I live and to learn as much about England while I'm here as humanly possible! Sure there are nice people and not so nice people here- but the same can go for anywhere- especially America. I ahve to tell you all that I have had the pleasure to meet so many truly nice British peoples, all of whom want to share their love of their country and British culture with myself and my family. Yesterday we had an outing into London for something that I think is rather special. You see, we were invited to a special civic luncheon that was being presented by the Bishopsgate Ward Club at the Guildhall in London.

The history of the place was amazing (we're making a point to go back there and this time we're bringing Hannah). Some ladies wore hats others wore fascinators - it's this fancy headband type thing I'll have to find a picture to show you because my description does not do it justice (I am going to buy myself one of those). Everyone was in their best looks, everyone enjoying themselves. We were the guest of a gentleman and his wife who were/are some of the most interesting and charming people we've met while here. The history that they told us of the place had us listening to every word, absorbing it like a sponge! I know that some Americans go on about how British people talk fast and how it's hard to understand their accent,now I wonder if they ever thought that to the British peoples- we're the ones with the accents and talk in manners that are hard to understand. It was not that way yesterday not at all although I did mention "pants" once and quickly recovered myself and said trousers, LOL! Our new friends got a small chuckle out of it but knew what I was talking about so it was not the embarrassing scene that it could have been.

I've got some pictures of this event to upload (taken with our daughters camera). We shall see how this camera performed (was it worth the small fortune we spent on it).

No comments: