INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Counted Cross Stitching

Why I stopped doing counted cross stitching I will never really know. I think that it had something to do with me feeling very overwhelmed with things after our move from VA to SD and then my husband being deployed back in 2000. But I'm back! I'm so excited to have needle work projects "in the works" and others nearly finished. I can hardly wait to start on the Thistle project for my mother-in-law (she's Scottish). With the help of my best-est pal Susan, I was able to find a needlework store (obviously it's not local, but it is Mom and Pop owned) that had all of the supplies that I needed to make this project. It got here pretty darn quick too! I adore those hand dyed threads, they are so wonderful to work with and they add such an elegant touch to anything I stitch. Cross stitching was my first true passion when it came to crafting. I still love to stitch and have picked it back up and am stitching with a vengeance! I'm bringing several different projects with me on my trip...there's no such things as being bored for me!

No comments: