INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, August 28, 2006

My CKU Experience part 3

The Rolodex make and takes- oh my word what a 3 ring circus that was! Some tables were awesome others just left me shaking my head and muttering the phrase (well that was a waste of time and cardstock). But no matter how you slice it there was not enough time allotted to each station. I got very tired of the man on the PA system telling us all to sit down or that 3 minute count down, UGH!...meanwhile there's one woman dogging me from station to station right behind me. I can't begin to tell you how irritating that was!
The Rolodex swap was a total different story. I had a great experience swapping and I hope others feel the same way. I met many wonderful ladies from all over the US and abroad. The only sad part was that not everyone put their name or e-mail information on the back. When I post these to my web shots I want to be able to give credit where credit is due ya know. I love them all and I hope that they like mine as well.
Toys...oh my gosh the best part of this CKU was being able to play with scrapbooking toys. The Cricut was a toy that I told myself that I did not "need". Okay, so after playing with it a couple of times I have seriously changed my mind on this one (figures huh?). I love the ease of working with it, yup I'm putting this on my 2006 Christmas Wish-list! The Xyron design runner...another neat toy! I loved playing with this! Yup yet another thing that I need to have in my scrapbook nook. Hey...anyone see my missing winning lottery ticket? I know that I left it around here somewhere, LOL!! The third awesome toy was the Kodak picture printer...I loved how you could do all of the editing on the little pop up screen. Now this is one toy that I can't justify buying since I own a Cannon photo printer that does the same thing but without the little pop up window.
I wish that there were more sponsors showing new stuff at the make and takes versus making the little Rolodex cards or the 6x6 pages. I love seeing what's new, what's HOT and what's coming out soon!

No comments: