INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Getting on with life at home...

So here I am, back in South Dakota, getting back to life here at home. Can you believe it, I've been gone for most of the month. I've got new neighbors 2 doors down and some more around the loop (I live on a horse shoe kind of street) yet to meet. I need to make some brownies and walk over later on today with my welcome card and introduce myself.

I talked at length with my dear friend Theresa yesterday and I got the scoop on her 3 day walk for Breast Cancer. It was rough going the first day but with lots of encouragement from her husband and friends she was able to go on. I can not begin to tell you all how very proud I am of her and what she has accomplished. Theresa more than met her fund raising goal plus she lost 20 pounds in the process of her 6 months of training for this walk for Breast Cancer event. She is a true inspiration!

The OSC (Officer Spouses Club) activities event went well. I sent my friend Georgia off with a couple of scrapbooks (1 for our club events and one showing my work) along with a picture of myself and a schpiel about the scrapbooking group. I've heard from several people that it was a laugh riot and that when Georgia read it (my schpiel) that everyone who knows me said "yup, that sounds like Sandie". I'm glad that it went well..and we have lots of new members join OSC, 22 new members in fact! All of the activities went well and I look forward to actually being there in person at our next OSC function in September.

The kids are in school and so far they are both enjoying it. Our daughter is now in middle school and our son in high school...where did the time go? I swear that Andrew grew another inch while I was away at CKU, that boy of mine sure is TALL! Hannah's hair grew longer, I can tell because her bangs are hanging into her eyes.

My biggest surprise coming home was to discover that my husband had steam cleaned the carpet throughout the house! Oh yeah I am quite impressed! Everything was clean and tidy and in it's place. Now why can't they do this when I am home?

I've got some serious rearranging to do in my scrapbook nook. From my tons of goodies from CKU-M, lots of hard cover books to find a place for, then there's the 4 albums that they gave us and then there's the stuff I bought, LOL!I told my daughter Hannah that I need a bigger "Nook" because I'm running out of room and she laughed and told me that I could take Andrew's room...she's such a character! I still have to find a place for all of my new dauber acrylic paints from Ranger (these are soon to hit the market) and the 10 new colors of distress ink pads by Tim Holtz, yikes!

No comments: