INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Fiesta Dinnerware Collection



I adore dishes, always have. I started using/collecting Fiesta Dinnerware in the late fall of 2000 while we were stationed in Virginia. I was drawn to it's bright colors and the fact that new colors were always being introduced while others were being retired. I really liked that I could buy one entire place setting at a time and not have it cost me an arm and a leg (back then it was a whopping $20 per place setting). I could build up my collection (so to speak) over time. So when a new color came out, I'd go and buy a 5 piece place setting in that color.

I have my Spode Christmas Tree dishes and I love them dearly, and there's my Noritake Greenbrier pattern for formal dining occasions. But my Fiesta-ware is my every day stuff. I can't tell you how fun it is to mix and match and make the dinner table a happy place to be!

So there I was...at Herberger's department store yesterday in search for a Dutch Oven and I stumble across the Fiesta Dinnerware display. I was hoping that they would have the newest color available and they did! I came home with a 5 piece place setting of Heather for the low price of $24.99 (plus tax). It's a lovely shade of purple! And as you all know, Purple IS the new Black:) I also found a dutch oven (at a price that I was willing to pay) I bought my items, came home and did the happy dance in my kitchen. There's nothing that brings a bigger smile to my face then to open the cupboards up and see a rainbow, it's as if nature is smiling at me.
The colors that I own (some are retired*)

  1. Chartreuse*
  2. Peach*
  3. Sea Mist*
  4. Rose*
  5. Gray*
  6. Juniper*
  7. Turquoise
  8. Fiesta Yellow*
  9. Shamrock
  10. Tangerine
  11. Persimmon
  12. Cobalt
  13. Periwinkle*
  14. Plum
  15. White
  16. Black
  17. Scarlet
  18. Cinnabar
  19. Sunflower
  20. Peacock
  21. Heather

Oh yeah it's safe to say that I have quite the collection of dinnerware going on. But me being who I am, I love to entertain and have all of my guests dining on dinnerware and not paper plates. So now we can entertain and have all of my husbands extended family over!

No comments: