INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, September 01, 2006

Stormy Day


We woke up to a very loud thunderstorm with lots of lightening and rain...and of course no storm would be complete without the howling South Dakota wind. My poor potted plants that on our front porch have been taking quite the beating this morning. I'll have to drag them into the garage to dry out for a bit before I bring them into the house. One plant is almost stripped of all of it's leaves, I wonder if it will be able to recover.

My husband is off from work for "the AF Family Fun Day" too bad that our kids are IN SCHOOL, Our kids are always in school when those AF family days are held, go figure! I think that these days are scheduled for schools that start after Labor Day.


Since it was raining outside I let my kitty go play in the garage (our garage is kitty safe). So Hannah comes into the kitchen to get some breakfast and she hears a commotion going on in the garage...there's the cat on top of the Miata windshield on her hind legs meeeeeoooowing up a storm. There's something flying around in our garage...it's a BAT!
Nothing like getting our hearts pumping ya know! Yes I've got pictures and good close up one as well. All four of us and the cat are in the garage trying to catch it. My DH finally catches it and puts it outside under the deck.

Now for me to get with the program and finish the gutting process of my Scrapbook Nook. I've got to figure out what tools need to be where. I have got little piles of stuff here and there in my small space. I'm in the process of getting a care package together for my best friend Susan...I bought some cool scrapping and stamping goodies for her while I was in Boston, ssshhh it's a surprise:)


No comments: