INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Scrap Chat with Sandie...

Redundancy of photos OR Same photo different angle.
This is such a common thing that beginner scrapbookers have going on in their scrapbooks, heck even some more advanced scrapbookers still have this sort of thing going on. What it is, it's a failure to "weed out" (so to speak) the redundant photo's or the ones that all look the same. It's wanting to use ALL of your pictures to make a 2 page layout. A lot of the time you only need 1 or 2 photos to get the point across or subject matter into better perspective. Hey! I know what I'm talking about, that I used to be guilty of this very thing, so trust me...I do know what I am talking about here.

I have one friend who has come a long way since her days as a CM consultant (Yes I was partially responsible for her getting into making lumpy pages in her scrapbooks) but she still has a problem of using redundant photos in her layouts. It's the same picture shot over and over again of the same subject matter but she's moved 5 or 6 inches, LOL! My recommendation would be to assess your photos, spread them out and really look at them, maybe there is one that stands out from the rest. Take that one photo's and have it blown up to a 5x7 or an 8x10 and have IT be the main focal point on the layout. It's better top have one larger photo than say a half dozen or more spread out over 2 pages all shot from different angles. Just because you shot 20 pictures of the same thing from different angles doesn't mean that you have to use them all in a layout, LOL! So take a step back and really LOOK at those pictures, see which one or ones stand out from the others and go from there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see where this will help me out greatly! Thanks!
~Cyndi