INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cooking and Creating

By the way I'm feeling you would think that it was a beautiful sunny day...but alas, it's been snow flurries ever since 5:30 am. My husbands office Thanksgiving party went well. That cheesecake went fast today! There were many wonderful things...roast turkey and ham, the dreamiest garlic mashed potatoes ever, salads of every kind imaginable (and they all looked great). It was quite the spread that the group put on.

Now here I am back home and I'm in the mood to make spaghetti sauce...from scratch. I am so in the mood to chop onions, peel and shred carrots, chop up celery, yellow and zucchini squash. Yes it all goes into my spaghetti sauce, heck the sauce is a meal in it's self, LOL! Later on this afternoon I'm going to pull out that pasta machine and make some more homemade noodles and cheese raviolis. I'm also in the mood to make Alfredo Sauce from scratch.

While at the commissary I bought some stocking stuffers. I love this time of year, it's when the specialty imported foods are brought in (m'm m'm). The Stollen from Germany the Brussadella (Italian bread cake) from Italy are just a few of my favorites!

No comments: