INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Rumor has it...

That there is a new Scrapbooking Store in town. I've herd from a few different sources that the Scrappin' Ladies from Sioux Falls have opened a store out in Rapid City. I must go and seek out this new place. Ive also gotten wind of a new Stamping Store having been opened out here. This is exactly what I would have hoped for! So sometime this next week I will go out in search of these stores. I'm so curious to see what they have, I sure hope that it's a wider variety of merchandise that what we already have out here. Because if it's much of the same I will be highly disappointed.

I learned yesterday that 3 families that we know have orders to move, 2 of them are going to Florida and the other Hawaii. Needless to say, I would be doing the happy dance if we had assignments like those! All 3 families are going off to wonderful assignments! I wish them all the joy and happiness a military assignment could bring. At least they will all be warm :)

After being broken for almost a week, the vertical blinds in the dining room are fixed. The maintenance guy did say that they are on their last leg though. We've been here for 3 years, and who knows how long thy were here before that. These places are like apartments, high occupant turn over. There are so many things that can and do go wrong with place like this for as many reasons as there are stars in the sky. But once someone moves in and has set their sights on truly fixing those problems and are not satisfied with just getting by with a patch job...well that's when real improvements start to occur. There still are quite a few problems with this house BUT I've also managed to fix quite a few of them as well.

Things that have been replaced or repaired since moving here

NEW Air Conditioning Unit
NEW Water Heater
New Stove
NEW Refrigerator
NEW lighting fixture in dining room
NEW Ceiling Fan with light in BOTH of the kids bedrooms
New and totally replaced Deck this took some real work but it was replaced!
New Windows in master bedroom and daughters bedroom the old ones had to be replaced because of cracks.

Hole in the sub-flooring in living room fixed (I proved that I was not imagining a hole there once the carpet was peeled back)

Leaking windows fixed- water would pour in like a waterfall under the sill when it rained- it was pretty scary when that happened.

Replaced light fixture in the utility closet aka My Scrapbook Nook. Lets just say that the naked light bulb thing was not working for me, LOL!

The toilet that would flush on it's own- fixed!

Warped steps on front porch replaced/fixed.

and I have the water heater purged every 6 months to keep the marbles from forming because of the hard water mineral deposits.

I hope to leave this house in better condition than when the keys were given to us to live in it. I don't want the new tenants to have to worry about the stove blowing up on them of having a water heater that sounds like a metal can of marbles is being shaken next to their heads when they are trying to sleep.

No comments: