INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Finding Inspiration in everyday things

Now matter where I turn there is something to capture my attention, something to draw inspiration from... Be it the 7 foot Sunflowers that are drying in the sun in my neighbors flower bed or the Lavender plants in my own flower bed that have gone to seed. There are very few trees left with leaves and I suspect that they (the leaves) will soon be gone. For me, I draw a lot of my color inspiration from nature. I can remember the first time that I got into color, it was with the brilliant colors of Autumn when we were living in Maine. Nothing compares to the colors of the leaves on the trees in New England. It's something with the crisp Autumn air and the soil that brings such brilliant colors to those leaves. Summer time in Virginia was amazing! Flowers were everywhere! The dazzling variety of plant life that grows in abundance in someplace as humid as Yorktown Virgina. I had flowers in every color of the rainbow. For my blues, greens, shades of tan I think back upon my visits to the Ocean...the Pacific, the Atlantic, and the Caribbean. Tropical breezes, how the water felt lapping up around my ankles while walking in the water, seeing children happily playing in the water or building sandcastles on the beach.
Now how about seeing the colors of Christmas? The romantic hues of gold, silver and of course bright red cranberries and the deep forest green of an evergreen tree.

Today's inspiration is from my neighbors Sunflowers. They're so tall with the flower heads bending over from the weight of the seeds. The beautiful shades of dark gold, brown and a weathered green call to me...I love it! I've been watching the little birds come to the flowers and pick of the seeds.

My wish for you is to look out of your window and find something that inspires you!

No comments: