INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween


I survived Halloween! I was able to astonish my entire family by being able to pull off making my son's Halloween costume. Andrew finally broke down and told us that he really wanted to be a Jedi. But like true Andrew fashion he didn't tell us this until 4:15 pm Sunday. I went shopping for the "stuff" to make this costume early on Monday morning after taking the kids to school. Hannah had wanted to be a bag of jellybeans, but alas this was not going to happen. The jelly beans were to be balloons. We needed a lot of small balloons to be inflated and lets face it folks, I'm not one to blow up balloons, LOL! So out of necessity, our "plan b" was hatched. Hannah wore the "Laura Ingalls" costume that my mother had made oh so many years ago (back when I was a girl). The picture you see is of my children yesterday. Hannah braced the cold weather for a couple of picture snaps with mom :-)

So sewing for 2 days, getting a husband off for a TDy and going to a cooking class (this one was awesome) and getting 2 kids to various doctor appointments I'm beat! I need a vacation, somewhere tropical and warm would be optimal.

It was very cold on Halloween night. This is our 4th Halloween here and the weather was the clearest it's ever been. No snow, no wind, but just plain freaking cold! With the wind-chill it started off being 17 then went down to 12, brrrrr city! This has to the be the first time we've ever had bags of candy left over. Trick or Treating' time was from 5:30 to 7:30 pm here on the base and usually we are bombarded with nonstop kid action at the front door, but not this year.

No comments: