INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 30, 2006

A Blustery Day indeed!

Okay, so I've been up for a hour now. The wind is blowing a 40 mph with gusts (more like howling) at a whopping 50 mph, the wind chill making the 29 degree temperature feel like 12 degrees (brrr). It's not so much the snow or rain that gets you feeling cold, it's the wind driving it into the fibers of your coat, hat and sweater that make you feel cold right down to the bone! Now the odd thing is, for the past 2 days it was down right warm! After church yesterday we were all wearing shorts and t-shirts. Yup, there's nothing like the bizarre South Dakota weather to keep you hopping.

So I'm there in bed awake at a little past 4 am listening to the wind howl and it dawned on me...I had turned the heater OFF the other day because it had gotten so warm in the house, YIKES! I got up here and it wasn't too bad, it had only gotten down to 65 degrees. So with the heater now on, it'll be nice and cozy for when the rest of my family gets up.

Are you wondering where I was yesterday? I spent the greater part of my afternoon in My Scrapbook Nook. I was able to get a couple more layouts done. I found that I needed a certain color card stock, but wait...that color isn't made (I checked my Bazzill and Stampin Up swatches). So how do I get something that isn't made? I made it myself! So with a piece of Romanza (a pale pink Bazzill card stock) and a Pixie Pink classic ink pad (the dye ink not the pigment ink) by Stampin Up, from there I created my own color. It made a little bit of an inky mess on the fingers, but I got what I set out to do...a lovely shade of pink card stock! So I let it dry thoroughly over night and I'll work on it a little later this morning. Actually I was already tinkering around in there but needed some Java to get me going. I'll be posting the layouts here and on my web shots page very soon!

The cat is all over me for some attention and I don't dare turn on the lights in the dining room or the birds will start chirping like mad. I need some more coffee! While I'm sitting hear typing away I can hear the wind howling it IS giving me the heebie jeebies! You can hear things banging against the house or bouncing down the street. I think that I will be driving my children to school today! Besides, I have errands to do in town, might was well get them done earlier instead of later.

It's now time for me to wake everyone up....

No comments: