INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Joys of Parenthood

There's nothing quite like the joys of parenthood...well okay there are quite a few "other" joys but being a parent has it good moments and not so good moments. Take this morning for example. I love the fact that our son is now volunteering and being more involved in school and extracurricular activities. But didn't he just do a community service project last Saturday? I know he did! It was picking up trash along the highway. So he signs up for distributing coats for the needy, to do it at 9am over in front of K-mart. So I scrape off the snow from the kid mobile, defrost and heat up the car so it's toasty warm for us...and we get there 10 minutes before 9 am and guess what....no one's there. So we wait and wait and wait some more. We waited over 30 minutes and no one shows up. All I have to say is NICE! So no one could call us to let us know that it was cancelled?

Andrew will be going to go door to door collecting coats for the needy today. His JRROTC class has a contest going on to see which flight brings in the most coats. I think that a pizza party goes to the winning flight :-) We'll bring in more coats on Monday, he's already brought in 2 so far. I like that he thinks that this a a very good cause...Coats for Kids, a very good cause indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Fellow Paper Lover:

Boy do I wish I could look out my window and see snow! I really miss it. That is why I have been trying to move further north from Georgia, like to VA. I've lived in IL, and in TN where it used to snow heavily in winter when I was younger. I am used to white Thanksgivings and Christmases.

I'm a paper nut too as I admitted in my new member post at Violette's. I left a comment at your WebShots inspiration album, the one with the Christian-themed alphabet pages.

Have a great week,
PaperLady

Sandie said...

I'll trade my snow for some time at a warm sunny beach!