INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A day to think about others

For the most part today is a day that I will have to myself. I'll be leaving for the gym as soon as I toss in a load of clothes in the washing machine. Then it's back here to work on a scrapbook layout or two. I want to make some cards to send to my girlfriends whose husbands are currently on deployment. I know how rough it can be when you're doing the single parent thing and you live no where near your family. But how nice would it be to get a pretty card in the mail from a friend telling you how much you are thought of and how happy it is that you and she are friends? I know that I have never received such a card, but just because I haven't doesn't mean that I won't make and send cards like this. I just think that I "think" differently about things then my girlfriends do. Everyone gets so wrapped up in their day to day lives that they have no room in their brains to think about anyone else then their own immediate family. So here I am thinking about how receiving a pretty card in the mail from a friend will make their day!

No comments: