INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Don't let the Turkeys get you down

That's from a book (I bought it in the 80's) of drawings by Sandra Boyington, I just adore her cartoon animal drawings. This saying has stuck with me through the years and has meaning for me. As I find myself becoming more and more frustrated with our medical coverage. I know that most HMO's are there to make it difficult to for the majority of us. I suppose that they are hoping that we will give up from sheer frustration. Well when I'm mad, I'm like a little pit bull! I'm not going to give up this fight! Our insurance will pay for our daughters surgery and this surgeon WILL be preforming the operation!

My husband is my pillar of strength. Without him, I sometimes wonder where I would be in this life of mine. I was really bummed out yesterday and cried my eyes out when I was told that I'm going to have to start this entire process over again of getting the referral and the authorization. When you think that I started all of this back in April 2006, and now it's 7 months later. It's mind boggling to think that it takes that long to get something done when one has medical insurance. What happens when you don't have medical insurance? Do they kick you to the curb or what?

No comments: