INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 23, 2006

An Afternoon Tea Party

Have you ever experienced a true British Afternoon Tea? My daughter and I went to this wonderful little hole in this wall Tea Shop this past Saturday with a friend and her daughter for Afternoon Tea. We had our reservations for 4 people @ 4pm. It was truly delightful! We started off with these charming little finger sandwiches; there were 3 different kinds, cucumber, ham and chicken salad. And each was served on a different type of bread (no crusts allowed here). The 2nd course was as delightful as the first. There were several different types of scones, blueberry, raspberry with white chocolate, cranberry orange and apple cinnamon. Light and flaky, served with clotted cream (a fancy type of butter to you and I). Then on to desserts...WOoooooooooooooooo Wheeeeeeeeeee! The types and the amount of desserts brought out to our little party of 4 was mind boggling! My favorite were the fruit tarts, loved them! The girls were crazy for the different types of cheesecakes (and who wouldn't be). The tea that was served was divine! We had Earl Gray and I've never had a better pot of Earl Gray than the one I had at Bully Blends in downtown Rapid City! My friend and I went through at least 2 pots (could have turned into 3 pots easy) by ourselves. I'm seriously sold on this place! Will I go back? In a heart beat! The service was excellent, the food was top notch and they even sell the tea and scones to go! So I can pop in and pick some up the next time I am in that part of town!

No comments: