INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 23, 2006

reaching ones breaking point

Our military health care system is not the best. Today I about broke down in tears while on the phone (I held them back for later) while I was trying to get a referral date pushed back because the civilian doctor made us wait 4 full months until he would see my daughter because I was using our military insurance versus paying directly out of pocket for this appointment (nice huh). I spoke with a young woman who was condescending and rude. It boils down to this 1- she talked down to me like I was an idiot and didn't understand procedure and 2-like it was my fault that my daughter couldn't get seen any earlier. If only she had taken the time to ask about our situation and was actually taking an active interest in helping someone versus telling me that I'm going to have to start this entire process all over again...UGH! I had to practically pull teeth without Novocaine to get this appointment with this particular doctor! What an ordeal this has been, I'm wondering if in the end that it's even worth it to go through all of this crap!

No comments: