INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, October 13, 2006

The Cheesecake Lady

After taking a class on how to make a variety of cheesecakes with a pasty chef last year I have to say that I've never in my life found more enjoyment in making a dessert. In my small circle of friends I have a few different names, one being the Scrapbook Lady and the other being the Cheesecake Lady.
I can make the most scrumptious desserts a fork has ever been stuck into! I have gained so much confidence in my dessert making just from the few hours I spent in the company of that Pastry Chef. I highly recommend to anyone looking to improve their culinary skills to look up restaurants and cooking stores that have real honest to goodness chefs teaching cooking classes. I've signed up for 3 cooking classes this month and I can hardly wait for the class date! The breads class is going to be remarkable! Focaccia, ciabatta and other rustic breads are going to be prepared. I'll get these chef's secret recipes for these awesome items! There's a Pasta class at the end of the month, I'm going to make real ravioli! I have the pasta machines from Italy, got one from my Mother last summer and the other was one that I bought on clearance from Herberger's last year that is an attachment for my Kitchen-Aid mixer. Cooking good food is one of my passions. My 3rd class is the Knife Skills class being given my Wusthof-Trident (LOVE those knifes).We will learn about the art of creating beautiful garnishes out of vegetables and fruits...thinking about it makes me smile!

So back to cheesecakes...I'm making 3 different ones for the OSC Auction at the end of the month. The lovely pink Raspberry cheesecake it's tart ans sweet at the same time, a classic New York Cheesecake so rich and creamy and my very own Death by Chocolate cheesecake with 7 different kinds of chocolate going into it. I treasure the recipes from my cheesecake class to much that I won't even give my closest friends a peak at these cheesecake recipes!

No comments: