INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's Cold Today!

Okay it's not just cold, it's freaking cold! I'm ready to put on a jacket I'm so cold, did I mention that I have on 2 sweaters? And I'm in the house! I've had my little portable heater on (full blast) in my scrapbook nook all day long and usually it starts feeling rather warm and toasty in there after about 15 minutes but not today. That wind is howling something awful today. Old man winter is here and he is letting us know that he's going nowhere any time soon!

My husband came home for lunch and dang was he ever cold! He was chilled right down to his bones. He had the coldest hands ever! It wasn't until I had him a mug of hot cider that he was actually starting to warm up. Personally speaking, I think holding a hot mug had something more to do with it rather than him drinking the hot cider.

I checked the weather channel today and we're supposed to have wind gusts up to 40 mph, trust me when I say that they ARE here! And of course it's snowing side ways (the wet kind of snow usually comes sideways). The kids will be happy to see more snow, they were in the middle of building a snow fort when the weather started to warm up a bit. It's gray and dreary but here inside our little cottage on the prairie I've got the tea kettle on the stove, a fresh pot of tea is about to get brewed and I'm ready to have a little break from my scrap-fest.

My Canon CP-200 photo printer has been getting a little workout today. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this little printer of mine. On cold wintry days like this, I enjoy printing pictures from warmer days gone by. I'm working on finishing up a few layouts...one of when I got my Honda minivan (pictures from last January), kids back to school photo's (those are also from 2005), there's our Hannah fishing here at the base (also 2005). I've got a Halloween 2006 layout done and I've got a 2005 layout in the works. I am just all over the calendar year today when it comes to layouts!

I just noticed the time...I need to get upstairs and make sure the door is unlocked for the kids. They should be home soon and I know that they are going to be COLD!

No comments: