INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmases Past...

What are some things from your childhood that you when you see them now bring huge smiles to your face? For me it's little things like Ribbon candy. My mother would have this in a fancy crystal candy dish that she only put out at Christmas time. I loved how the brightly colored spun "threads" glistened as they stretched throughout the piece of candy as it bent back and forth. To me, this was a sign of Christmas parties. My lovely mother-in-law has been able to bring this little part of Christmas back to me. A few years ago she found a place that sells Ribbon Candy and she sends me a box of it every year...this year is no exception :-) Before we break into it, I'm going to take some pictures of it and make a Christmas scrapbook layout about it. Aaaah, my mother-in-law sure does know how to do Christmas!

And the title will be-" Nothing says Christmas like... " and each page will be about a different piece of Christmas Cheer. I encourage you all to make a page about the little things that bring Christmas into your heart.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I don't think I've ever seen it...I need a photo....
Lovely post Sandie, hope you're feeling settled in a bit better and warming up to a Happy Christmas in your English home.

Sandie said...

I'll be sure to post some pictures of my favorite holiday candy treat- hopefully it's all still intact inside of the box and not broken up into little bits. eek!