INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Just the story of my boy and his adventure to get to South Dakota. He left here yesterday around 10am with his Dad to pick up a couple of things then off to the Airport to make his 2 pm flight to the USA. Meanwhile there was an accident on the highway which delayed things and the traffic was so backed up (over 20 miles) that it took close to 3 hours to clear up. What a nightmare! He finally gets to the airport only to learn that his was flight was cancelled 2 hours before he got there. I can only imagine what this poor child must be thinking at this point. Good thing that his Dad was there, because they ended up staying the night in a hotel (provided by the airline) and Andrew got some meal vouchers (thank the Lord because we know how our boy can eat). What an ordeal to go through on your first solo flight. He's never experienced this level of stress with flying (we his parents have always dealt with this kind of stuff).

It's funny how a little bit of snow really puts a whammy on this country. From roads and driving to airline departures. I was reading an news article on this very topic and even the Brit's are fed up with how unprepared their local government is when it comes to dealing with snow removal. Now having just spend 6 years in winter hell I know how to drive in freezing rain, blowing snow and even on black ice. I'm not worried about myself and driving in bad conditions, I'm worried about the other driver who doesn't have my experience in driving in these kinds of weather conditions. Just another reason why I had my Honda minivan shipped here- I know how it handles in these kinds of weather conditions plus it's got traction control- love that feature! Okay so the heated seats and mirrors are another added bonus to the winter package. Even the kids seats in the middle are heated- yes it's a sweet ride to say the least!

So please everyone, if you do not need to be out on the road in this crazy winter weather, please stay home! Stay home and be safe! Stay home and do something fun with your kids like baking cookies and listening to Christmas music.

PS- Please keep us in your prayers as we have to go out in this weather later on as my daughter is having oral surgery today. My husband is driving back from London this morning- I hope that the roads are clear and everyone is not in a hurry.

No comments: