INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, December 21, 2009

A different kind of Christmas

It’s going to feel strange for us only having Hannah at home for Christmas. It's hard for me to let him go at this time of year, but I know how much Andrew misses “home” and his friends and if he comes back a happier person then the trip was well worth it! His grades have really improved and I’m happy to see him now earning a B average in his AP classes (it’s about time). He fought us night and day about going to school here and well he’s finally taking the grade thing seriously. School here in ways is tougher expectation wise than in the states and I hope that it gives him an insight to other cultures. But when you’re gone from 6:45 am until 6 pm it’s hard to do any kind of socializing never mind making friends. At least they only have 6 required Saturdays for the entire school year instead of having to go to school every Saturday. The last required Saturday is his graduation day, isn't that kind of a cruel joke.

So today our boy will be on his first international trip-alone.You can't even begin to know how worried this makes me, he's never flown alone before, I've always been with him. I suppose we've got to let him spread his wings and do this on his own. Keep him in your prayers for a safe journey.

Now Hannah is not without having things going on- tomorrow she's having oral surgery (yes, it's to do with orthodontics). My poor baby! But at least her mouth should be healed enough to have her British Christmas dinner! Please keep her in your prayers for a quick recovery.

Speaking of having a British Christmas Dinner...went shopping at my FAVORITE grocery store Waitrose. Bought the yummiest things there, from our huge fresh chicken for our Sunday dinner to Sticky Toffee Pudding, Yule log (the Belgian chocolate kind) to Christmas crackers (the non-edible kind) and of course several large bags of Cadbury Buttons for Andrew to take with him and give to his friends! The Fresh Veggies there are the best! We filled the grocery cart full of yummy holiday treats, the ones that can only be described as adding a touch of a European flair. We've got foods from Italy, Belgium, Germany, England, Scotland and of course and America. Needless to say we're having our own Christmas around the World :-) One I hope to repeat every year from now on! What are Christmas traditions but to add to and make your own, right?

Can you see it all made into scrapbook pages? Loads of pictures or maybe just one with tons of journaling about what makes this Christmas so special? I know that I can! January will be a scrapbooking marathon month for me, I can feel it!

No comments: