INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Keep, Toss, Donate, put into Storage

I've added another part to the basic "Keep/Toss/Donate" concept of moving. It's not that I'm not appreciative of living in this newly renovated house, its just that it is so much smaller than what we are used to. Even though the house was renovated, it was built in the 1930's and is the same size house now as it was then-just with closets and more bathrooms. The issues are that the house was built in the 1930's and our furniture came from well, 2004- just a little difference in the proportions of furnishing from then to now plus from British to American furnishings as well. Somehow I'll make this work but I need to reduce some pieces of furniture to make it work.

Those that have been keeping up with all of the purging I've done this past year; of household items to all of the craft room supplies and basically donating everything under the sun- well here we go again!

My Toss pile is relatively small. basically it's old school work from the kids, clothing that has been worn out and some broken items.

My Donate pile- well it's spread into a couple of large boxes and is still growing. There's also the plastic storage carts that I'm weeding out. It's frustrating for me at this point because I'm pulling out even more stuff and wondering why I didn't push myself father? Then again I was pretty stressed out with this move 7 months ago.

Keeping and putting into Storage- storage would consist of things I do want to keep but frankly just don't have the storage space here to keep it. I'm peeling off some of my pottery and bake-ware and am putting it into storage. Cupboard space here is minimal, so I've got to make some hard choices for what stays here and what goes into storage that I will see after this assignment. It's all kinds of things that I used to have out on display such as Candlesticks, vases, dishes, baskets, teacups, tea pots, serve ware- my list is getting longer by the moment.

Furniture is another thing that will be going into storage. Our living room aka lounge is narrow and rather poky. I'm going to have to put somethings from that room into storage as well. Along with paintings and other art work, some wrought iron pieces will also have to go into storage- there simply is not enough room in this house for all of it. We had a home office in the last house- all of that stuff will go into storage minus the small desk and file cabinet.

Now for me to finish my fruit smoothie and get to work in the laundry room/butlers pantry!

No comments: