INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, September 07, 2009

Grocery shopping on the economy

Grocery shopping at Waitrose- for a great shopping experience I highly recommend this place. Super clean, very helpful and friendly staff and well stocked. Our commissary is closed on Sundays and Mondays and it's really been a thorn in my side since moving here. You see, we used to do our weekly grocery shopping after church on Sunday. Soon Hannah will be having RE (religious education aka Sunday school) for an hour after Church every Sunday, what to do with our time for that hour as we really don't want to drive all the way home and back again. Well the spouse and I made a decision, we'll be doing a bit of grocery shopping 10 minutes away at Waitrose. I'm tired of going to the commissary to discover that they are out of stock on every day dairy case items such as eggs, milk, sour cream and half&half. The selection of cheese is so limited and lets face it I'd like more of a selection for a few items. Not to mention the last 4 times I went to the commissary the fruits and veggie department had next to nothing in it...¾ of the shelves in the produce department were empty, no joke. So on Sunday's, I'll get my dairy products, fresh fruit and veggies and bread items. As for the prices, I'd say that they were very comparable to what I pay at the base.

No comments: