INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Traffic

Yesterday was just plain nuts! My husband had an eye doctor appointment over at RAF Lakenheath and I went with him just in case they dilated his eyes...and they did. Getting to Lakenheath too us 2 hours, getting home was another story. Traffic was backed up for miles everywhere! It took us close to 3 hours to get home. I got home a few minutes before 8pm.

Lakenheath is a lovely military base with loads of amenities. One of the great perks for we military dependants is the base craft and hobby shop, it alone is well worth going to and it has very reasonable prices. I was happy to see that it had a great variety of crafting and hobby items. And what did I buy? I bought 3 packages of adhesive, LOL! No paper, no embellishments, or anything else. I was thinking about all of those boxes (42+) that are coming to me in mid to late November. I do not need to add any more to what I have and I can be patient and wait for my goodies.

Now to get back to what was happening at home while my husband and I are stuck in traffic 2 hours away...
Meanwhile our kids are waiting outside of the house. Why are they outside? Because for what ever reason neither one of them had their house key. For having such bright children, they sure and be rather daft at times. I'm glad that I got a cell phone for Andrew, now to get one for our daughter as I do see the need for her to have one too (even if it is just for calling her parents).

Today is a mandatory school day for our kids. We're lucky that this school just went to having only 6 compulsory Saturday's a year as up until now they've had the 6 day school week with school on Saturday too!

The hubby and I will have the day together to go out and get a few things that will help us to organize our things here in Bee Hive Cottage.

5 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

ugh, road frustration. Trouble is, there's lots of us and our cars and not a hell of a lot of road space - extending isn't exactly an option! Bet you soemtimes miss the wide open-ness of South Dakota!

Sandie said...

Sometimes but not very often and then it's only for the variety of crafting stores. You hvae to think that the area where we lived had a population of around 60,000 people- that's it. It was kind of a bubble really.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You named your house!!!! And it's perfect. lol (sorry..first one had a spelling error glaring at me).

I have missed reading your blog :) Even when it seems hectic, you have a way of creating a smile. I hope all is going well. I just bought some chili honey and am trying it in green tea. You'll have to come over for a cuppa.

Sandie said...

Hey T- just posteed a cooent to your facebook page. The honey sounds delish!