INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Busy is as busy does

Am I busy these days? Oh that goes without saying, LOL! From going on a tour of our soon to be new to us house, going to meetings, talking to new comers to our base and organizing a dinner for 20 and ending the week with taking in a Musical in London, yes it's been a busy week!

My goals are to get as many people that I can touch involved in volunteering their time to worthy causes within our small military community here at RAF Croughton. My first goal- getting folks involved in Hearts Apart dinners...
All of us are far from home, many of which are away from "home" for the very first time. Many spouses are now going through deployments for the very first time, and on top of that they are in a foreign country. It's hard being away from family and close friends, I know because I've been there myself. But I hope that through encouragement and motivational programs that we help these families through these tough times. I genuinely care about these people and no one will be left behind.

Thursday -I put on my super woman cape (aka my apron) and cooked up a storm! I made dinner for at least 20 people (along with dessert) for the Hearts Apart dinner. My dear friend Alisha stepped up and helped out by taking care of all of the children coming to the event and made a kid friendly meal and dessert.

Friday - The first part was spent going to Sheep street looking for scarves and a new pair of black pumps (I knew that I would need a new pair after letting Hannah wear mine to school). Mission accomplished, the Clarks shoe store on Sheep street hasn't failed me yet! I found a super cute pair that was on the markdown rack (they always have great shoes on the markdown rack), I also found a black scarf that worked great with the outfit that I wore last night, plus a few more... all at great prices!
Oh side note on the shoes...they were super comfy, especially when you consider all of the walking I did last night in London.

My husband and I took in our first Musical theater production in London, we went to see "Wicked" and as they say in New England...it was wicked good! I can tell that this is something that we will continue to do so as long as we're living here in England! We had dinner in a french restaurant in London and the food was delicious!

Today it's clean the house, write a couple of letters (the snail mail kind) catch up on laundry and later on...a nap.

No comments: