INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 19, 2009

perfecting recipes

So I can't really create any cards or scrapbook layouts due to the fact that I have just about everything in storage for these past few months. BUT I can create with food and I've perfected my Chicken Cacciatore recipe (check it out on my cooking blog).

So I've started gathering things together for the cook book I've been writing off and on for the past couple of years. Of course it will have my own spin to it and I'm sharing some of my recipe exploits on my cooking blog...My Cookbook Nook.

Back in August my husband and I went out to a charming restaurant in a local village, Ever since then I've been trying to recreate and perfect the meal that my husband had ordered. It was a simple enough kind of dish but as you all know those so called "simple" dishes can be rather tricky. It all comes down to timing, how long to leave the steak to brown on each side is the cincher to this recipe! but first and foremost the steak must be at room temperature before you cook it! Now you're wondering why I'm not trying to recreate the dinner that I had...well I had Duck and I'm the only one in my family that would probably ever eat it, so why bother trying to cook something that I know the other 3 people in my family would not eat. Fillet Mignon, now that they WILL eat!

Alright, now for me to get with the program and get ready to go meat the contractors that are doing the remodeling on my soon to be new to me new home.

No comments: