INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just When you think you're ready...

You're not. At the end of next month I will have been living here in England for a year. In the past 11 months I've moved house twice, lived with temporary/borrowed furnishings for over 5 months, have 2 shipments of items in non-temp storage and here I am hosting my first dinner party in my home and I'm not feeling ready. I'm sure it's just nerves and the thought of having people in my home not just to dine but ones that want have a tour of the place. Lets face it, I'm the mother of 2 teenagers who NEVER have clean rooms. It's hard enough for me to keep their bathroom tidy, never mind having to clean their rooms...I'm a Mom not a Maid. So if I take the thought out of my head of having to clean my teenagers rooms then I'm okay with having 12 friends dining in my home.

Now to get on my menu...this for me (feeding 12 people) is the easy part, cleaning the teenagers rooms on the other hand put me into a temporary tail spin!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Bless you Sandie; I'm sure it's nerves. Here's the thing - your guests know what having teenagers is about...and here's another thing - they don't clean and tidy because they know that you'll cave in and do it. How about that? I left my DD's till she could stand it no more (and it wasn't long) and now we do it together without argument. You just shut the door..everyone knows what bedrooms lok like, they don't HAVE to seee two more! Have a fun evening, it'll be fab.