INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Portmeirion, Burleigh & everything else good and wonderful

It's a fact, I'm in love with British pottery! I simply don't seem to be able to get enough of it! All of my Homer Laughlin solid colored Fiesta pottery ties in with it all! This is the best of both of my worlds- solid colored pottery from the USA and the lovely floral potteries from England- I'm in heaven! Throw in some Polish pottery to go with my Burleigh pottery and I'm sooo there!

In case you're wondering what I'm going to do with all of this pottery that I've been buying up like a crazy woman...Do I ever use it? Oh yeah! Tonight it's a casual dinner for 15 or at least it was at the last RSVP count, there's always those that don't RSVP and just show up and I'm okay with that! I bet that you're wondering -what's up with this dinner? Believe it or not, but I'm in a cooking club. I giggle with the mere mention of it!

As for the Cooking Club- we limited it to being neighbors (we want to keep it small and within walking distance). We set our own themes and work from there. The theme that I set for tonight is "salad". Now lets think outside of the box for a minute...not all salads are lettuce based. I wanted to challenge people with this one...I make the main dishes and everyone else brings smaller items to go with the theme...desserts included. I'm anxious to see what others come up with. Another great by-product is that my family also gets to partake of this huge feast!

Now for me to prepare my formal dining room for the the buffet. The table leaf needs to be inserted, tablecloth needs to be pressed, plates set out, glasses set out along with napkins and flatware. OOh I'm sooo in for this!!!

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Great idea..would love to know your salad menu when it's safe to reveal!

Sandie said...

Julia- I will post them all over on my cooking blog. Others are also bringing over some siehs and they will have recipes to share too. Look for a virtual salad bonanza of recipes coming soon!!!!