INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Start Each Day in a Happy Way

It's a Wednesday and what do I seem to be doing on Wednesdays anymore...yup it's cooking! Tomorrow we celebrate Hannah's confirmation in our Catholic Parish. There's of course the Bishop who's coming out to perform the Confirmation Mass and the dinner we parishioners are catering. Our theme is Italian foods.., now who doesn't like Italian food? I mean really!
So here I am. surrounded by meatballs. I've made over 300 of them so far and I still have 2½ pounds ( that's a little over 1kg) of meat to go. The question is...should I open those packages of ground pork and beef (that's "mince" for my friends here in the UK) or should I take a break and call it good? I vote for a break, I think that I deserve one. Oh and all the time while I've been cooking and rolling meatballs I've been having to run outside and move the sprinkler around-ugh!

After my break then I'm on to chopping and dicing fruits and veggies to make chicken salad for tomorrows lunch and possibly (if I haven't fainted from pure exhaustion at this point) making some mini cheesecake desserts for the dinner tomorrow-again that is IF!

Time for a break...toast with jam and tea..m'm!

8 comments:

Helen said...

That's a lot of meatballs. How many can a girl eat?!

angeleef said...

Ooooh, I would have loved to see a picture of you surrounded by those meatballs! Maybe an idea for next time :)
All that chatting about food and no picture makes the ladies go mad. LOL
Greetz,
Evi

Darcy Marshall said...

wow I am in awe of your marathon cooking session. I think we need photos and a recipe for the meatballs.

Spyder said...

lots of meat balls...

(Lyn)

Julia Dunnit said...

Go you! Hope the Confirmation service is a joy for you all. We celebrated with our Godson at Portsmouth Cathedral last weekend...it is one of the nicest services I think.

Sandie said...

I have pictures! I'll post them soon I promise! And the pictures will also be on my cookbook nook cooking blog along with the recipe!

mckinkle said...

Sounds like you sure had plenty on your hands! Hope it all is going well!

Keryn :0

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Don't be too unhappy at having to move the sprinkler round after all that means the weather's good :)
Anne x