INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm Bummed!

Do you remember how you felt after your parents told you that Santa Claus wasn't real? Well that's how I feel right now after finding out that the china pattern I have long waited for these past 20 years is no longer made in England! Old Country Roses by Royal Albert China has been being made in Indonesia since 2002. I'm so angry I could just kick a box!!! I am kicking myself for waiting so damn long!!! I am sooooo seriously disappointed! Why the hell did they go to out sourcing? Was the profit margin of having the #1 selling china pattern around the world of all time not making enough money for them??? I mean it, I'm mad and very dissapointed with Royal Albert, I really am!

So now I am relegated to hunting for pieces at antique stores, second hand stores, thrift shops and the internet for made in England versions of this china pattern-ugh! So much for being the first people to eat off of those plates. Maybe I should just throw my hands up in the air and call it quits. I need more coffee....

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh shame, how very frustrating. Not helped by my fact - we were given a full dnner and tea service as a Wedding gift from a relative who worked for Royal Albert. It has never been out of the box.

Sandie said...

If you ever want to sell it let me know, LOL!!!