INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Yesterday...

... was spent in the company of my daughter and husband. They both had medical appointments at RAF Lakenheath and we decided to drive there instead of taking the medical shuttle which was a wise choice since I wanted to be able to do some shopping while there.

The base has so much to offer in the way of amenities- if you're missing American junk food it's there and at Mildenhall. But to be honest, we chose to dine off base at a British Pub- it's one we ate at before and we wanted to go back for a revisit, this last dining experience- the food was just like it was 3½ years ago-YUMMY!

Are you in need a crafting fix? The Craft and Hobby Shop at Lakenheath is the place to go! Granted it's not Hobby Lobby but it'll do for out here! I do needlework, quilting stamping, scrapbooking and all kinds of paper crafts- and let me tell you that you WILL be able to come out of there having spent some money- it's hard not to! Great sale going on Valentines items in the store and I found some supplies for my paper crafting class that's on next Tuesday! I LOVE the 2 sided paper I bought! And what's not to love about the Lakenheath BX? Enough said right there! Cosmetics, perfume, computers, TV's, handbags and more! All at great BX prices. I enjoy living here in England but to be honest, it is expensive so any kind of break we can get on the cost of things is a blessing!

No comments: